From tweets to texts, blogs to apps, we are living in a technologically progressive world, and the 2011 North American Christian Convention is no exception! The NACC is taking advantage of today’s exciting technology and social networking options to promote this year’s convention.
During the convention week, we’ll offer digital and Web support to attendees, along with a few surprises! Afterward, we’ll stay in touch with highlights and testimonials via e-news and other media. Check out all the ways we’re bringing technology to you before, during, and after the 2011 NACC:
• Twitter: Sign up today at http://twitter.com/unleashed2011 to follow the NACC 2011 and receive updates, daily messages, and prayer requests. Please encourage others to follow us as we look to generate excitement for “Unleashed.”
• Live Streaming Video: We are working to make the convention available all around the world via live, streaming video. Our hope is to include a special feature for viewers to comment online as participants
• Blog: The 2011 NACC “Unleashed” blog is a place for conversation. Imagine a gathering place where you can participate in a discussion led by a variety of leaders on topics surrounding the convention. These “NACC Conversations” launched in January. Join the conversation at http://www.gotonacc.org/conversations/
• Free Internet/Wi-Fi Hotspot Center: Think of it as a help desk and business center all rolled into one! The 2011 NACC Technology Hotspot, centrally located in the convention hall, will be a convenient resource for all convention attendees. Stop by to check your e-mail for free—use your own laptop or one of the desktop computers provided.
• YouTube: Visit the NACC’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/gotonacc. You’ll find a hilarious video from author and comedian Anita Renfroe, one of our fabulous main-session speakers.
• E-news: If you do not already receive our weekly e-newsletter, which has great stories and updates, simply visit www.gotonacc.org, click on the Re:Connect button on the far left, and we’ll add your e-mail address to the list.
• The 2011 Web site: The NACC Web site has been redesigned for 2011, and it’s packed with helpful information about the upcoming convention. Visit www.gotonacc.org where you can register for the convention, secure your place to stay, view the program details, reserve an exhibit booth, and get tickets to special events.
• Web banners, screen savers, and more!: An incredible 98 percent of attendees surveyed said they would recommend the NACC to others. God is doing amazing things through this event, so please tell your friends, family, and community about the 2011 NACC in Cincinnati. To help you do just that, we offer free materials upon request and via download to your computer, including posters, flyers, key cards, screen savers, and Web banners for your Web site. Visit http://2011.gotonacc.org/events/annual-convention/2011-convention/promote/ for more information.
• Does your ministry need a Web site, or does your current Web site need help? The NACC will host “Web Design for Your Church On the Spot,” a preconference workshop from 2:00 to 3:30 PM July 5. Those attending will learn about the process of Web site design for their church or ministry. Participants will receive specific, one-on-one help to create a functional Web site for you. We are also trying to arrange for a hosting company to offer a free-for-one-year service to smaller churches—stay tuned!
• Technology Toolbox: A few more of our not-to-be-missed technology workshops this year are: “Unleashing Technology in Worship,” “Promoting Relational and Emotional Health in a High-Tech Culture,” “Effective Use of Technology Around the World,” and “How to Create a Phone App for Your Church for Free.” Come hear our tech-savvy presenters share their expertise in a fun, interesting, and easy-to-understand way!
We hope in the months leading up to the convention you will use some of the amazing technology available to help spread the word about the upcoming NACC, and to stay current with all the news about the event! Whether you tweet, text, blog, or surf the Web, there’s something for everyone as we get ready to be “Unleashed” at the 2011 North American Christian Convention!
Dudley Rutherford, president of the 2011 NACC, serves as senior pastor of Shepherd of the Hills Church in Porter Ranch, California.