By Michael C. Mack
Michael C. Mack (@michaelcmack) tweets “Small Group Leader TIPS of the Day” every weekday. Here are seven tips on facilitating a great group meeting:
• Become comfortable answering questions with, “I don’t know, but let’s all find out this week.”
• As you study God’s Word together, “remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
• Try different approaches to Bible study (e.g., read various “I will” statements of God and discuss/apply).
• Try this: Study a “one another” passage from the New Testament each week and find specific ways of doing each one.
• Tell group members to find a Bible verse on a topic (i.e., leadership) and come to the next meeting ready to discuss it.
• Ask, what can we learn/apply as a GROUP from this Bible passage?